Monday, September 15, 2008

Okie-birder-of-the-month!

It really is a great privilege to be bestowed the OKie-Birder-of-the-Month for September 2008 http://www.adimview.com/Birder_Eric_Beck.html. That is considering I'm an infiltrating! The only regret I have about this whole thing is the photo I gave Cindy and Phil, jeez it looks liked I crawled out of the backwoods of Pennsyltucky! Yep, that was me at the last meeting of the Wilson Ornithological Society/Association of Field Ornithologist meeting in Mobile, Alabama. Oh well!

Just in case you missed my report from the meeting http://okwba.blogspot.com/2008/05/meeting-of-ornithologist-in-mobile.html
I was really surprised by all of this when Cindy contacted me, and certainly honored after sifting through some of the past recipients. I've met a good many of those past honorees and a few like Berlin Heck, John Sterling, and Kurt Meisenzahl were the first to invite me out "birding" in Southwest Oklahoma for a day. You should have heard Berlin when he saw the little pair of Bushnells I was carrying at the time. Hey what can I say, I was a broke ,soon to be father, college student....wait a second, nothings changed! Well.....all except for my equipment.

But hey, isn't that what it's all about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It couldn't happen to a more interesting guy. I enjoy your enthusiasm.Lloyd L.